- Kea’au IQ League #2
- Excursion and registration forms are due today!
- Kea’au IQ League Tournament #2 will be held at Kea’au Elementary School from 8:00 AM to 2:00 PM on Saturday, October 1st, 2016.
- Advisors will call parents to confirm attendance.
- IQ TEAM DRIVERS: IF you would like to practice driving, you may practice before school from 7:20-7:50, recess, and lunch periods. If you would like to practice during advisory, you may get your homeroom teacher’s permission to come to A3. A note will be required.
- Sputnik Day
- Waiakea Intermediate School will host Waiakea Elementary and Waiakeawaena Elementary School on October 4th.
- 8th Grade students may be called to support our activity.
- Robotics T-Shirts
- Please make sure to bring in a plain white t-shirt to print your Robotics T-Shirt on. Printing Costs will be taken care of by WIS Robotics.
IQ TEAM: Team Burrito & Team Fries:
- 2:40-3:40: Practice Driving on VEX IQ Field
- Revise “Game Plan”
- PRACTICE: Switching drivers at the 25 second mark. If you do not switch drivers at the tournament, you will be disqualified.
- 3:40-4:15: Work on designing a new “claw” mechanism.
- 2:40-2:50: Name your robots/team, affix labels to each robot.
- 2:50-3:50: Update the firmware on your EDR Robot’s brain to the latest version.
- Practice driving and controlling the forward, backward, and turn directions.
- 3:50-4:15: Work on planning, designing, and developing a “grabbing and throwing” mechanism for the EDR robot.
- Participate in Driving Practice, work on scoring for robots.
- 3:40-4:15: Work with the Build Team to design and plan a new claw mechanism.
- Design a logo for VEX Robotics.
- Edit and Revise your article for Brushbot Day.
- Add in photos from our photodump. Code using HTML and CSS.
- Brainstorm fundraising ideas, document on Google Drive
- Design a promotional flyer for our sponsored events (i.e., pizza hut promotion?)